WORDS YAWL WILL HEAR IN SUTHIN FLY FISHIN'
by Jimmy D. Moore
- Ast - Don't ast me my favorite stream. It makes me mad.
- Awl - Ah like yore fishin car, but it shore uses lotsa awl.
- AY-rab - Ay-rabs don't have any trout streams.
- Bard - He bard my fly rod and nevuh brought it bak.
- Bawl - that gal Bawled when she lost thet ten-pounder.
- Bound to - Too much beer is bound to muss up your castin stroke.
- Carry - Can ya'll carry me down to the river so's I can fish a little?
- Comin up a cloud - Comin up a cloud, we'd better git out of the water.
- Crine - You crine cause you dint catch a fish?
- Dawfin - Jew see at Dawfin jumping?
- Dayum - Dayum. I lost him!
- Drank - You wanna drank of this Jim Beam?
- Eat up with - That guy's just eat up with fly fishin.
- Far - Ah recon it's time to build a far and fry the trout.
- Favor - That trout sure favors one I caught last week.
- Fixin - I'm fixin to dig me some worms. Ain't catching doodly on these flies.
- Get shet of - I'm gonna get shet of that ragged ole vest! Like hell I am!
- Hep - Ah can't hep you if'n you don't quit hookin my ear.
- Heepa - yawl in a heepa truble, See at "no fishin" sign.
- Idinit - Too hot to fish, idinit it?
- Idy - I have no idy why them trout won't hit that perfect fly
- Jevver - Jevver catch two trout at onct?
- Jew - Did jew want a bottle of Shiner Beer?
- Keer - Thet boy don't keer nuthin' bout fly fishin.
- Kindly - Kindly looks like a caddis hatch.
- Law - Got yore fishin license? Here comes the Law.
- Lawst - This road don't go nowhere, we's lawst.
- Libel - You go fishin today, yore wife's libel to kill you
- Mah - Anybody seen mah waders?
- Mash - Mash that button on yore fly reel.
- Mere - That lake's as clear as a Mere.
- Nairn - Nairn of them fish was big enuff to keep.
- Nome - Nome, I din't hook yore ear on purpose.
- Ovair - lookit that trout risin ovair.
- Own - Put yore waders own.
- Peppuh - This trout needs more peppuh on it.
- Quare - That's a "quare" looking fish.
- Qui-etus - Muddy up the water and you'll put a "qui-eatus" on the caddis hatch.
- Ratcheer - Put them fish down ratcheer.
- Recon - I recon I'll try nuther fly. This'n shore ain't workin.Rernt - He cast that fly rod so ruff he's rern’t
- Sebmup - You want co-cola or sebmup?
- Tacky - Yore fishin outfit is plum "tacky".
- Tar - Ya'll got a spare tar for that car?
- Tarred - I'm too tarred to go fishin.
- Ugly - Don't be ugly to yore fishin buddy.
- Unnuther - You want unnuther swig of Jim Beam?
- Wuk - Does he still wuk, or does he fish full-time.
- Yawl - Where yawl goin to fish at?
- Zackly - Don't zackly know whut happen, but I lost thet fish.
- Zat - Zat yo fly up in at tree?